Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Barack Obama's first night as president

We all have our little personas we present to the world. I imagine the president is no different. What we see in public is not what his wife or children see in private. They probably all let loose a little when nobody else is watching.

And so, when I imagine what his first night as president must have been, after he and his wife read their children books, tucked them in, and put them to bed, this is what I imagine:

Barack and Michelle embrace each other, as Michelle flirts, "Welcome home, Mr. President."

Then they race to the presidential bed, jump on top of it and bounce up and down, alternately chanting as they jump, "I'm the president," "I'm the first lady," "I'm the president," "I'm the first lady," ... 

Until they collapse in each other's arms, the new President of the United States and his First Lady.

Well, that's what I would have done.

1 comment:

  1. Yep...no more role playing for those two. For the next four years, it's the real deal.

    ReplyDelete