Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Imagine All the People Living In Peace


For years I wanted to start a different kind of peace movement. I even sent out emails asking people to participate in what I called "Pause for Peace". Around the globe I wanted everybody, twice a day, if possible, to focus on peace, to pray for peace, or to just pause for peace. If all the energies of everybody interested in starting a peace movement were focused on that one word, I thought we stood a chance of bringing peace into the world.

And now, many years later, I found a "tweet" through twitter that brought me to THIS SITE. Yoko Ono is continuing her and her husband's crusade to spread peace throughout the world. She, together with other spiritual leaders throughout the world are promoting a "One-ness" day, a day set aside to recognize and celebrate our commonalities and our differences. She asks us to sign a petition so that we can all celebrate a Oneness Day, a day of peace.

Imagine that. Imagine Peace.

Borrowing from imaginepeace.com: "Celebrities such as Neale Donald WalschMarianne WilliamsonJoe VitaleDeepak ChopraTimothy Freke and Nobel Peace laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutusigned it.  Won’t you?"

I did.

By the way, the photo was taken from the video that is located under the words, "WAR IS OVER" and, at one place toward the end of the video, you can hear one of my favorite Christmas songs by John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Happy Christmas (War is Over).

No comments:

Post a Comment