Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Flooring for My Home




For all my British (and possibly State-side) friends:

My daughter and son-in-law will be moving out in approximately two months. I looked around at the flooring in my home and thought even a good carpet cleaner wouldn't help. And if I have to sell this place, I might have to take care of the carpets and kitchen flooring before I leave.

So I started looking into flooring. If you regularly read my blog, you know I hate shopping, so I do most of mine online. I honestly never expected to find an online flooring outlet, but surprisingly, I did – I found some beautiful flooring at UK Flooring Direct with discounts that save consumers sometimes as much as 84%! It's like shopping at a flooring factory in your own home.

Growing up, my parents had vinyl flooring throughout our home, from the kitchen and bathroom into the bedrooms. The durability of those floor coverings lasted for years. So I checked vinyl flooring first. It's inexpensive but it looks great. Once I started looking, I couldn't help but notice all the different types of vinyl, some of which look like stone. If I choose vinyl for the bedrooms, I'll go with the stone type.

What's nice about UK Flooring Direct is that they offer pertinent information about a variety of floor coverings, including carpets (Berber is my favorite), solid wood flooring, Pergo Laminate Flooring and so much more. So instead of standing in a showroom to ask the sales clerk what you need to know, all you have to do is click the links on the bottom of the page for information about each type of floor covering. And notice that when you run your mouse over the photos of the different floor coverings, a larger image appears.

(For my American friends: I'm not sure if they deliver to the States – it doesn't say they don't – I'm still checking out the site, but if you don't know how to convert British money to American money, check out  Coin Mill – it will tell you what the American equivalent is to the pound. Just enter the amount in the yellow box and you can see the conversion amount.)

Photo borrowed from UK Flooring Direct

No comments:

Post a Comment