Thursday, September 2, 2010

Love and a Marriage Proposal

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

When she hopped into my car after I picked her up from the bus stop yesterday, Audrey announced, "I have some great news!"

I couldn't wait to hear, "I'm the smartest kid in the class," or "My teacher said I could go straight to college."

But instead, she said, smiling and proud, "I have a boyfriend."

Oh, OK. Who?

"Mason. He asked me to marry him."

Mason and Audrey were on the same t-ball team over the summer and instantly became best friends. Whenever they see each other, they practically run in slow motion to jump in each others' arms.

So now we're talking about weddings. Hmm...

This actually works in Audrey's favor and to her benefit, because her mom owns Briella's Boutique, an upscale baby, children, and bridal boutique, so Audrey can get beautiful inexpensive clothes the whole time she's growing up to save up for the wedding gown that her mom will probably sell her at a discount. It's a win-win!

1 comment: