Saturday, February 4, 2012

Another "Aww" Moment


Kaden & Zac Taking a Bubble Bath


Last night, when I asked Zac (4), one of my grandsons, to give me a hug goodnight, he raced up to me and jammed his head into my chin. My immediate response was "OW!"

His immediate response was to grab my face and ask, "Are you OK? Are you bleeding?"

My heart melted when I looked at him. Though he HAD to have been hurt, his first thought was for me. I held his little face in my hands and he started to cry. "Am I bleeding?" He asked. I told him no and hugged him.

"Will I get a bruise?" 

"Probably, Zac. Thank you for being so thoughtful." And he continued to cry while I held him some more.

Earlier in the day, Kaden (almost 7), Zac's older brother, brought home his backpack and I looked through his home work. When I read his paper about what he would do if he had $100, I almost cried.



People wonder why I watch my grandchildren so much. They think my kids are taking advantage of me by asking me to watch them so often. I'm grateful that I get to spend so much time with them. Can you see why?

Want to read more from this author? Check out the upper right hand corner of this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Allene Newberg BilodeauFebruary 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM

    Yes! Absolutely, T! My heart swells just reading about these beautiful acts of thoughtfulness from your adorable grandkids. And I get it... my granddaughter Zoe has been the angel light in my life since she was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sweet! That has to be the best story I've seen all day.

    ReplyDelete