Friday, February 24, 2012

The Coffee Thief


My grandson, Nolan, with his mommy (my daughter), Brittney

One of my grandsons, Nolan, has loved coffee ever since he first tried it (by sneaking it) at the age of 2. He's four and a half now. 

We have often found him sneaking off with somebody's coffee and hiding out in a corner or under the table drinking coffee. He doesn't care what kind of coffee we drink, either, whether it's his mom's heavily cream-flavored coffees, or his dad's black coffee. He just loves coffee.

Yesterday, when my daughter, Brittney, treated me to a frap from Starbucks, Nolan tried to sneak mine. I quickly grabbed it away, because I know that within seconds he will have downed the entire cup. He put on his pouty face, and Brittney told him he could have "a sip" of hers.

However, for Nolan a sip = 6 huge gulps and I said to Brittney, "I don't think Nolan understands the concept of "a sip."

This morning Nolan told his mom, "I just had a lot of your coffee, because I don't know what a sip is, right?" 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, he's a rascal that one! I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 30! I was a milk gal all the way. But I love it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allene Newberg BilodeauFebruary 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

    Love that picture, too! Brit looks so healthy now!! (& Nolan's always adorable, naturally...) :)

    ReplyDelete