Monday, July 30, 2012

Well, It Started Out as a Good Idea

Everyone knows kids love to play. Here's an example of three of my grandchildren (Audrey, Nolan, and Jeremy) trying to find the fastest car among hundreds:

Grandchildren Audrey, Nolan, and Jeremy trying to find the fastest car.

Sometimes my grandchildren play hide and seek, but instead of hiding people they hide objects. This week and next I'm in Virginia with my son and his two boys, Kaden and Zac. Today we decided to play hide and seek with an object. I chose this cute little frog that belongs to the baby who lives here:


I figured that it was bright enough to be found, small enough to make it a challenge, and easy enough to feel if somebody decided to hide it under a blanket. Also, unlike Easter eggs, it wouldn't matter if we forgot where we placed it.


My grandkids, Kaden on the left, Zac on the right and
future grandchild Myraiah in the middle

The game was going quite well in the beginning. But what I didn't know was that this object was going to be a bigger challenge than I anticipated, because as we were searching for the frog above, we found an entire family of them.


Maybe colored eggs weren't such a bad idea after all. We would just have to remember how many eggs we hid.



Have a beautiful week and thank you for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment