Monday, February 11, 2013

A Day in the Life of a 17-Month Old



OK, let's see. I've had my diaper changed, I've had my breakfast, and (as she looks around the house) now what?

I know, I'll take all the videos out from around and under the TV. After I finish that, I'll take all the clothes out of my drawers and throw them around the room. While Grandma is putting the DVDs and wii games back, I'll throw all the folded laundry on the floor. 

When she's finished re-folding all the clothes that were in my drawers and all the laundry that was folded on top of the table (silly Grandma, she put it way too close to the edge), I'll go to the pantry and take out all the food. I might even pour out all the cereal. That sounds like so much fun. Except for one thing – the vacuum – it scares me. What to do? What to do? What the heck, I love seeing all the cereal fall out of the box.

OK, what else? Ah, I see that Grandma has a headache, so this might be a good time to pull all the pots and pans out from the cabinets and bash them into each other and onto the floor.



What's happening? Grandma is limping over to me holding a ball. YAY! I love playing ball. OK, two minutes is way too long. I'm bored already. Time to make another mess somewhere.

OK, while Grandma is cleaning that up, I'm going to sneak into my Mom and Dad's room and see what havoc I can wreak in there. Just LOOK at all the supplies they keep under the sink! This could keep me busy for hours.

Oh, no, here comes Grandma again. Will that woman EVER leave me alone?

PROTEST! PROTEST! Grandma's trying to put me down for a nap – in the middle of the day! I am kind of tired though. Nigh Nigh! (yawn) I'll have the whole afternoon and evening to finish my day!

Want to read more from this author? Please see the sidebar and THANK YOU for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I was little again--especially the part about the nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I missed your comment, but thank you for leaving it. I was ready for a nap that day too :)

      Delete