Friday, December 20, 2013

Renovation Plans For When I Win the Lottery!


For six years I have been living in a manufactured home. I love this home – I really can't afford this home – but love it. And if I find a couple of roommates, I would most definitely be able to afford to renovate this home. 

When I remove the decorations and Christmas tree, I'm going to want to change things. Lately I've been wanting to paint the walls – I even asked my kids to paint them for me as a Christmas present, but so far, nobody is offering. Could it be that everybody is busy? Oh, yes! 

For a manufactured home, this one is actually very nice, but the carpeting is old and it was never placed properly – even before I moved in. So new carpeting would be first on my list. And in the space between the dining room and the family room, I'd like to put a wall with a wide opening that curves on both sides – very much like the entryways curve in older homes. Right now I have two white wooden rails that separate my dining room from my sunk-in family room. I love the idea of curving my entryway.

But any renovation costs money (I'm waiting to win the lottery, and winning the lottery requires buying a ticket). Though my neighbor helps out a lot, I wouldn't want to ask him for such a major job. So where do I look? 

I would probably start with BuildDirect reviews to see what others have to say about local builders, look at the jobs they've performed, and make my decision based on the opinions of others who have actually used their services. I love the way the homes look on their Facebook page.

In the meantime, I'm scouting my Facebook page for possible roommates to help me afford this new venture ;)

1 comment:

  1. Five years ago we remodeled our old home and I couldn't be happier. Yes, it gets expensive but it's so worth it. And exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete