Monday, November 2, 2009

Me With Hair (I look like my mommy)





If you read My Bravest Blog Yet, you got the chance to see what I look like bald. Here is what I look like with a wig. Note the comparison between my mother and myself.

You'll have to excuse my pallor. Even though I slathered makeup on my eyes, I still look sickly – my mom doesn't. And that's how you can tell us apart. She's the healthy one. I couldn't even smile because of the sores in my mouth due to the chemo, so realize I'm just as happy as my mother. I just can't show it here.

My mom has maybe four gray hairs on her entire head. I now have none (hear that, Mom? none). The reason I know how many gray hairs my mother has is because I tower over this petite microscopic woman who stands at 5'2" and weighs approximately 8 pounds. I generally carry her around in my pocket and I frequently look down at the top of her head as I pet her.

OK, I'll stop. She's not that small, but I can pick her up with one hand wrapped around her waist and place her on my counter. She's a lot like The Incredible Shrinking Woman, played by Lily Tomlin several years ago. My sisters and I fear for her safety every time she goes into the bathroom. We'd hate to see her slip down the drain.

I promised to stop, and so I will. I just wanted to update everybody and let them see that I can look slightly human again.

Before I go, I'd like to give an update on my respiratory infection – I still have it, but my chest doesn't feel as tight today as it did yesterday. Soon I hope to be able to talk without coughing up a lung.

And now for a reenactment of Lily Tomlin's Edith Ann – spiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! And that's the truth.

4 comments:

  1. Theresa,
    Keep on writing, you are so talented. I love reading as you know. Thinking of you always

    Love
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shorter hair, it looks cute on you.
    your writing of the whole experience keeps me captivated, but sorry it is written from first hand experience - love mlh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, like the shorter hair, and your Mom is gonna' kick your --s. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry:

    You are an amazing woman still having a sense of humor and using your writing ability to cope and let others know what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete