Monday, March 12, 2012

The Ants Go Marching Down – And OUT!



Four generations live in my home. I am the eldest, the matriarch. Like all matriarchs, I am the most influential person in the family.

OW! Sorry, I just choked on that last comment.

Anyway, what I find curious about our "situation" is that we all have different styles of handling things. 

Ants, for instance. I buy ant traps that draw ants by the millions. They drink in the poison, return to their homes, share the poison with their ant family, Jim Jones style, and voila, no more ants.

My oldest daughter has a different approach – grits –apparently the more humane approach to ridding the home of ants. Because by using grits instead of poison, the ants can watch each other EXPLODE!

1 comment:

  1. Yep we all do things differently. That is what makes the world an interesting place. I have been planning to try the grits approach.

    ReplyDelete