Wednesday, September 19, 2012

How Long Have I Known You?



Nolan sat next to me at the table, his head cocked to one side as he looked at me. "How long have you known me?" he wanted to know. 

Before I could answer, he added, "I think I was three or four when I met you."

How could I hold back a laugh? I grabbed his little face and pulled it close, kissing his cheek. And then I hugged him. 



"I've known you your whole life, Nolan."

 The first time I saw Nolan, his dad was walking out of the delivery room carrying him toward me and Nolan's paternal grandmother and grandfather. I've been in love with this little guy since before he was born, and though he is only 5-years-old, I feel as if I have known him forever.

Want to read more from this author? See the sidebar and THANK YOU for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes!!! I love this age, too! My granddaughter is only 8 months but I can't wait until she is talking and walking and showing her own little unique personality!! And by the way, Nolan is a beautiful little boy. Precious!

    ReplyDelete