Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Great Job, Audrey!



Drawings by children always amaze me, mostly because I can't even draw stick people.

The above picture was drawn by my 7-year-old granddaughter, Audrey. I'm truly amazed. If I draw something, people start looking like dogs with their heads cocked to the side as they try to imagine – yes imagine – what the heck I just drew. And their guesses are usually so far off, that sometimes I find myself saying, yes, it does look kind of like that.

In this drawing, however, nobody has to guess. The image leaves nothing to the imagination. Great job, Audrey!

What's even more amazing, is that she was not looking at a photo of a pirate ship as she drew it. The whole thing developed from her memory of what a pirate ship looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment